tvstrategies™ (Advanced Media Strategies LLC) is a consultancy that helps telecommunications operators, content providers, and other industry stake-holders understand and build the infrastructure to securely deliver digital television and related media services to consumer end-devices over broadband IP access, to present dynamic user experiences to consumers; and to help reduce the risk of unauthorized content re-distribution.
tvstrategies was established in 2001 by Steven Hawley, an independent consultant and industry analyst.
tvstrategies is among the earliest pioneers in the broadband-delivered video and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) industry, and maintains a deep commitment to that industry.
See the ‘Consulting‘ page for details. Areas of work and consultation experience include Program Management, Product Development, Industry Analysis, Intellectual Property, and Business Management
- Speaking engagements: Available to present relevant topics and thought leadership to industry audiences
- Conferences: Support to conference organizers in defining conference content and obtaining speakers; using an extensive industry network.
- Industry Awards: Mr Hawley is a judge each year for the TV Connect Industry Awards presented at the TV Connect conference in London, the Videonet Connected TV Awards presented at the Connected TV World Summit in London, and Cable & Satellite International magazine’s annual CSI Awards, given at IBC in Amsterdam.
- Membership: The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, New York Chapter (“NY Emmys”)
- Journalistic experience: Editorship of an IPTV industry journal (IPTV News, from 2006-2008 when it was published in printed magazine form)